Author Topic: Brake shims  (Read 600 times)

Offline Paul

• Welcome to XS1100 Australia. Now let us know a bit about you in General Discussions and email me your postal details so I can send you our group stickers etc.
Re: Brake shims
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 08:11:59 PM »
The Metzeler on the front did its job but time to stump up for new tyres. The RH didnt let me down and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride, no hairy moments, enough traffic to make it annoying although probably a good thing along the old pacific highway as mobile and stationary cash traps were about. On a Tuesday as well, pinching all the retirees

Offline Jonesy :-)

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 04:29:48 PM »
Good to know, down and back up to and from berowra ferry is pretty tight ay .
78 E Stock
78 E Stockish with spoked wheels
80 G spoked wheels and other subtle mods
81 RH problem child. Gone & forgotten
97 TRX 850
94 Yam 350 Big Bear 4 wheeler
?? Yam TTR 125 with milk crate. (RIP the Posty)

Offline Paul

• Welcome to XS1100 Australia. Now let us know a bit about you in General Discussions and email me your postal details so I can send you our group stickers etc.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 03:31:22 PM »
Just as an update, I found it easiest to just get these from Yambits Uk. Postage is a hip pocket pain compared to the price of the shims but hey, I need the parts. These were for my E model, put in a good spin the other day on my RH, 350 kay loop from Lake macquarie, Wisemans Ferry, Bowrora and the old Pacific, scratching with the full leather brigade, it was great.

Offline Paul

Brake shims
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 03:34:38 PM »
Hi, wondering if anyone could help me out. Looking where I can purchase the unobtainable. The shims that come with the caliper kits and the little tapered screw, part no:  4K0-W0045-01-00. Disassembled the caliper for a new seal kit and have now misplaced one of the shims and the screw, I think there are other forces involved here but anyway I cant find them. Anyone have some laying around happy to purchase and pay for postage. The items required are circled by faint yellow .