Author Topic: Hi Gents  (Read 640 times)

Offline Paul

• Welcome to XS1100 Australia. Now let us know a bit about you in General Discussions and email me your postal details so I can send you our group stickers etc.
Re: Hi Gents
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 08:39:28 PM »
A very nice bike indeed, was the previous owner a member on here?

No, I don't think so, he also owned a MotoGuzzi, and a couple of nice cars in which he was a member of. By the look of the plugs it doesn't look like the bike has been ridden much lately. Short runs and loaded up.

Offline steptoe

• Administrator
  • Geoff,, a XS addict,, Bundy QLD
    • Bikes and trucks what more could you want
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2022, 08:35:05 PM »
A very nice bike indeed, was the previous owner a member on here?

Offline Paul

• Welcome to XS1100 Australia. Now let us know a bit about you in General Discussions and email me your postal details so I can send you our group stickers etc.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 03:08:51 PM »
g'day Paul
I frequent the Newcastle area occasionally. might have to meet up and kick tyres some time?

Be welcome, come and check out the garage some time

Offline Jonesy :-)

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 09:44:29 AM »
g'day Paul
I frequent the Newcastle area occasionally. might have to meet up and kick tyres some time?
78 E Stock
78 E Stockish with spoked wheels
80 G spoked wheels and other subtle mods
81 RH problem child. Gone & forgotten
97 TRX 850
94 Yam 350 Big Bear 4 wheeler
?? Yam TTR 125 with milk crate. (RIP the Posty)

Offline Paul

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 08:01:06 PM »

Offline Paul

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2022, 04:08:48 PM »
Had an itch I couldn't scratch, bought XS1100R on Gumtree from Sydney today, front brakes need some work and bike needs a good checking over but none the less I am stoked. I will post a picture later when I read the how too.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 07:50:02 PM by Paul »

Offline steptoe

• Administrator
  • Geoff,, a XS addict,, Bundy QLD
    • Bikes and trucks what more could you want
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 06:54:28 AM »
G’day Paul, welcome aboard, lots of fellas have lots of info, your project just got a whole heap easier

Offline Paul

Hi Gents
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 08:03:16 AM »
Hi Gents, new to the forum so a quick intro, name is Paul and I live in Newcastle, I have and have had many bikes over the years, latest daily rides are a Harley and a Norton Commando, I am looking for a reasonably priced XS1100 to either restore or ride, depends on condition of course. I have the capacity for historic rego through my club, the Hunter Valley Norton Owners Club. Always have loved the big four Yamaha, a couple of good friends had them from new in my younger days, where they used to chase me on my 900SS. Anyway thats it from me, I will keep an eye on the forums and use it as a great tool for hints and process’s when I can get my hands on a bike.
Cheers for now.