Author Topic: Exhaust silencers  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Aussiexs11

• Bikes permitted in my shed= N + 1 ( N=now in shed)
Re: Exhaust silencers
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 12:39:17 PM »
Good point paul, but mines still set up all standard with no real issues other than slight "flatish spot" around 2 to 2700 revs then its fine through the range.
It is a touch quicker to rev than yours as we noticed but again I do think thats because of no restriction allowing it be a little flatter but probably a little better higher up in the range.
regards
Grant

12/ 78 XS 1100E (2H9)
SR 500 project
And European machinery.

Offline Jonesy

• Welcome to the group. Now let us know a bit about you in General Discussions and email me your postal details so I can send you our group stickers etc.
Re: Exhaust silencers
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 11:12:47 PM »
G,day ClassiXS
The muffler on mine has no makers name on it at all?
AussieXS11(Grant) and I were discussing the difference in mufflers today. Grants is a "Tranzac" and slightly more restricted 30 - 35 mm opening to atmosphere and mine about 40 - 45 mm
Grants is very smooth off idle whereas mine has a very big flat spot off idle but performs well at mid-range and above.
I cant speak for Grants set up but mine is all stock standard jetting.

Jonesy.
2 X 78E's
TRX 850.
CT 110
3rd XS not bought yet

Offline classiXS

• 1978 XS1100E
  • Denmark
    • classiXS.dk
Exhaust silencers
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 09:17:29 PM »
Hey all.

Been looking around to see if this topic were covered, and if it is please tell  ;D

I can see alot of (to me) unknown silencer-endcans on your bikepics, and wondered what make they are, and how you feel about them regarding sound, quality, is rejetting nessesary or not etc.

I myself is right now running a complete Marshall Deeptone system, but would like to find a loose endcan to put on the bike, since i plan some modification to the bike in the future (Cafe-style).

Jonesy, AussieXS11 and Clutch are the some that comes to mind when i think back on what i`ve seen the last few days in here...

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:06:03 AM by classiXS »
1978 XS1100E
1976 XS650C
1946 Royal Enfield 350WD/CO
2006 Skyteam ST200SM